Social Media Tools for Artists II:
Using "Twenty20" to Sell your Art

November 26, 2013
http://twenty20.com/cproppe 

In my previous post, I talked about the social media tools, "Instagram" and the daily photo/art contest there called "Colors of the Week".  It was a long post because I wanted to explain how you could start using Instagram as an artist if you never have been exposed to it before, and I explained how I like to use Colors of the Week to sharpen my eye with the colors I see in life each day.  If you want to read that post, click here.

In today's post, I will explain one way to SELL your photos from Instagram.  Many users of Instagram post a link in their profile that goes directly to their "Twenty20" gallery, where the Santa Monica-based company Twenty20 (formerly "InstaCanvas") creates and distributes items made with your images that you select for your personal Twenty20 gallery.  Mine is located here.
or at the url twenty20.com/cproppe

If you click on any of the images in my gallery, you will have a choice of purchasing prints, t-shirts, iPhone cases, notecards, etc...  Artists receive 20% of the profit, which is not a lot... but for not having to do anything except maintain this gallery, it's a bit like "licensing".  The more you sell, the better you will do.  Below is an example of an iPhone case which has an image I took in a photography class at Fort Point in San Francisco.  There is an iconic "most photographed" hallway... and if you are a photographer in San Francisco, you probably have snapped this too!  I think it looks pretty cool as an iPhone case.

http://twenty20.com/cproppe/piece/545941373040184643_3954082/phone_case

Have fun selling your photos and art!  It can be really addictive, if not lucrative.  I think the best thing about it is that you can print your own images easily as gifts for those in your family, and enter additional contest "Challenges" on Twenty20 for a chance to get published.  Visit Twenty20.com to learn more.
This is a pillow available on Twenty20
 that uses one of my photographs taken in
Tomales California near Stemple Creek Ranch

No comments: