The Art of Glass: Google Glass to Oil Painting

Friday evening  |  July 12, 2013

"Celia on the Rocks" 5" x 5" oil on canvas, ©2013 C.Proppé
The Google Glass video I uploaded to Vimeo today (Mountain Biking Marin) is part of my process to document cyclists and bikes for reference for my oil paintings.  Tonight, I was inspired by a friend and amazing painter, Kanna Aoki, to paint something small from my work.  I knew I was going to do this, but Kanna gave me the extra push on Facebook today.  Thank you, Kanna, for getting me going.  It's hard to just start painting sometimes!  This is a tiny, 5" x 5" oil painting of Mt. Bike rider, Celia Graterol from the beginning of the video.  I took photos to document the process with Google Glass, but I'm having trouble uploading them tonight.  It used to do it automatically, but for some reason, my Glass is FULL and I can't empty it! (eek!... I guess it's not so bad to have a Glass that's full... that's supposed to be a positive thing, right? ;)

No comments: